Conventioneers will be cooperative, contribute to the well-being of all, participate
in convention activities and abide by all rules determined by the convention
- No entering the dorm rooms of persons of the opposite sex. Boys and girls
may not occupy the same dorm room at any time.
- No possession or use of alcohol or drugs on campus or off campus.
- No smoking at any time (including sponsors). It is illegal under United States
law for persons under the age of 18 to smoke. This includes all tobacco
products. Vaping is not allowed.
- Weapons, knives and explosive devices are not permitted.
- Conventioneers will adhere to the dress code at all times, including
tournaments and day away.
- Conventioneers will respect college property and may be held responsible
for property damages incurred.
- Attendance at all convention functions is mandatory.
- No electronic equipment, including cell phones (until Friday morning for
students), computers, iPods, video games, etc.
Rules Violation Consequences
If any egregious infraction takes place, such student will be sent home the
following morning at their parents’ expense and may not be able to
attend next year’s event. Students who are outside after our designated
curfew and are resistant to committee and sponsor direction to return to
their dorm will be considered in violation of their promise to “abide by all
rules determined by the RYS Board.” The students’ convention experience
will be concluded immediately. The student becomes the full
responsibility of the sponsor.
These rules were printed on the registration form and electronically
signed by everyone.